Monday 21 November 2011

OUGD403 Evaluation


1. What skills have you developed through the module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?

From the beginning of the module i have learnt new skills within Illustrator mostly. I had used it and knew how to use it before, but i was never confident enough to use it in my work alone, throughout this module illustrator has been the main thing i have used and i am proud of the work i have produced using it. I have also developed drawing skills and learnt how to blog and use a blog effectively within my work.

2. What approaches to/methods of idea generation have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?

For my idea generation i have developed my own way of working. I first start by brain storming multiple ideas that could work, I then research into these ideas which i follow by deciding on the idea i think fits the brief the most. I then develop these ideas through design sheets to eventually reach my final outcome, through experimental work along the way. I have developed this way of working because i need an organised way to work, this keeps it in steps and easy for me to work with I think this process shows that my work develops though time.

3. What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?

I feel that my strengths are using the software, U feel confident now with using Illustrator and have been confident using photoshop before. I feel i am producing good work by using the adobe suite. I also feel my time management and organisation helps alot to getting everything done and in on time.

4.What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these in the future?

My weaknesses are my drawing skills. Within the first task i did find it difficult as i know im not the strongest drawer. I have been trying to spend time developing this skill, but i still need to address this through the time im here. I do feel it has improved a little since starting.

5. Identify Five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?

- Experiment with my work more - once having an idea experiment with the colours, layout etc more to get the best design possible.
- Design ideas - produce more; spend longer on thinking of more ideas - this will lead to better outcomes as things can merge and make a better idea.
- Research - research into more ideas/work which i am wanting to produce, this can inspire better ideas, giving better outcomes to the brief
- Experiment with techniques - instead of sticking using the adobe suite and digital outcomes maybe experiment my ideas with different techniques.
- Put my ideas into context - once i have done an outcome/idea try it out in context; put the design onto products, in shop windows etc to properly evaluate the use of the outcome.

6. How would you identify yourself in the following areas:
5= excellent 4= very good 3=good 2=average 1= poor

Attendance = 4
Punctuality = 4
Motivation = 4
Commitment = 4
Quantity of work produced = 4
Quality of work produced = 4
Contribution to the group = 4

No comments:

Post a Comment