Thursday 19 April 2012

Life Lessons//book binding

I printed my publication off earlier and was thinking on how i could bind it together, i was originally just going to staple it down the spine, but i have never really liked this and wanted to do something different. I found a step by step guide on a particular binding technique which i followed on a test booklet to start with.
Also i was doing this with normal sewing thread so i decided to double it up to make it thicker, but for the real one i am going to get some thicker thread.






















I feel like this is the way to go with binding my book, it gives it a more hand crafted feel and i think adds to the aesthetics of the book. I think it will work a lot better binding my publication together like this. 


No comments:

Post a Comment