Sunday, 22 January 2012

100 things…Preparation

The preparation booklet will cover everything you need to consider and take with you on your holiday.
The catergories in the booklet are:
- what to pack
- climate
- currency
- visa
- insurance

-What to pack
Fast drying towel
Walking shoes
Socks and underwear
Long underwear
Pillow case
Sleeping bag
Spy wallet
Day pack
Travel guide
Flip flops
Travels checks
Wet wipes
Laundry detergent
Space savers
Rain coat
First aid kit.

- Currency
1 Australian dollar = 0.674087897 British pounds
1 British Pound = 1.48 Australian dollar
Currency Conversion
£1 = $1.48
£2 = $3
£5 = $7
£10 = $15
£20 = $30
£50 = $74
£100 = $148
£200 = $300
£500 = $743
£750 = $1,114
£1000 = $1,485

- Visa
In addition to having a valid passport when entering a country you may also need a Visa. A Visa is a permit which allows you to stay in a country for a designated period of time. Whether you need a Visa will depend upon the country you are trying to enter and possibly the country you are coming from as different rules can apply.
Australian Tourist Visa (ETA)
An Australian tourist visa (ETA) will allow you to enter Australia for the purpose of tourism. This Australian visa is valid for 12 months from the date of issue, and allows multiple entry into Australia.
An ETA will allow you to stay in Australia for up to 3 months on each visit.
Usually issued in 24 hours.

Short Stay and Long stay
Short stay is for tourists and travellers for a maximum of 3 months
Long stay is for travellers up to 12 months.
Long stay condidtions:
Visitors to Australia must be willing and able to abide by the visa validity and conditions while in Australia. If you do not abide by these conditions, your visa may be cancelled or you may be subject to other penalties. 
Tourist Visa (subclass 676) holders must conduct themselves according to the following rules:
You must not work while in Australia;
Note: Voluntary work may be permitted.
You must not study for more than three months while in Australia;
Note: if you intend to study for longer than four weeks, you may be required to pass a health examination before starting your course. Some countries are exempt from this examination.
Your visa may be granted with a 'No further stay' condition. If this is the case, you will not be granted any other visa (except for a Protection visa) while you remain in Australia. This condition may be waived in exceptional circumstances; AND
The holder must depart within the validity of the Tourist Visa.

Australian Working Holiday Visa
An Australian working holiday visa permits young travelers aged between 18 and 31 to work and travel around Australia.
This visa also allows you to supplement your travel funds through temporary employment.
Your Australian working holiday visa allows a stay of up to 12 months from the date of first entry into Australia, regardless of whether or not you spend the whole time in Australia.
The scheme gives Australia Working Holiday Visa holders casual work rights in order to supplement their travels. Work undertaken must be incidental to the main purpose of holidaying and employment for more than 6 months with any one employer is not allowed. The application for a first Working Holiday Visa must be made offshore (i.e. not in Australia).
Working Holiday Visa Australia - Basic Requirements
               You must be between 18 and 30 years old.
               You must have a valid passport with at least 1 year until renewal.
               You must have sufficient funds to support yourself when you arrive in Australia.
Working Holiday Visa Australia - Health and Character Requirements
               You must not have any substantial criminal convictions.
               You must not have any substantial medical issues.

Australian Business Visa (Business ETA)
If your travelling to Australia for the purpose of business you will require an Australian business visa.
This will allow you to travel to Australia for the purpose of business for up to 3 months.
An Australian business visa is valid for 12 months from the date of issue.

- Insurance

Why Do I Need Travel Insurance?
Travel insurance does initially seems like a cost you would rather not incur after you have just paid out for a holiday, but it could prove to be a much more expensive travelling experience if you become ill, lose your luggage or injure someone else. Depending on your insurance policy and the circumstances under which incidents happen, the company will reimburse you for all associated expenses up to the stated value.

What Should The Policy Cover
Medical Cover It can be very easy to fall ill in a foreign country as it is an environment you are not used to and you meet so many people germs can spread. If you do happen to fall ill you could be facing very expensive medical bills for your treatment as few countries have a free NHS service. Bills for treatment can be very high and therefore insurance is vital. Be sure to keep receipts of all treatments and expenditure as proof required for claims. The policy should cover you for at least £2 million.
Cover For Your Possessions It is not always wise to take a lot of expensive equipment with you but sometimes there are things you cannot do without. If you take an mp3 player, laptop, or expensive camping gear with you and it gets lost or stolen, it is good to have it all covered so you can claim when you return.
Trip Cancellation If this clause is present in your insurance policy then you will be covered for any trip or flight you have paid for but cannot take because of illness.
Travel Delay If a flight is delayed for more than a set length of time some insurance policies will pay out for this misfortune. It is almost worth cashing in on a policy with this clause because delayed flights are not a rare occurrence.
Personal liability If you accidentally injured or damage somebody else's equipment and you are directly responsible, this clause with pay assuming the other party is holding you liable. Remember, accidents do happen.
Personal Accident If you have an accident leading to some form of permanent damage or loss of sight, a limb or equivalent, you or your family would be entitled to financial compensation.
Luggage Delay/Loss Unfortunately this is a common occurrence especially as a backpacker making several flights or transfers. It typically covers for loss or damage or sometimes even delay.

No comments:

Post a Comment